Here are a few items to remember if you’re planning on harvesting pepper seeds to plant next year.
- Wait till your peppers are at their peak ripeness. Those seeds will be the biggest and strongest.
- Don’t bother saving seeds from Hybrid plants. The seeds will not produce the same peppers.
- Select seeds from the largest and best looking peppers. Check out this Cayenne plant from Pepper Joe seeds.
- Air dry the clean seeds completely before storing them. Any moisture would give your seeds the wrong idea.
- Let’em hang! If you see a pepper on your plant that is looking particularly promising, be patient and let it ripen. That’s the gene pool you want in your garden next year.
For a How-to on saving seeds Check out this video I’ve titled: Where’s Wilma?